Adventure Awaits in the great outdoors – sometimes you just have to go out there and find it.
Following on from the layout that Alicia shared with us last week, the rest of our design team share below
how this collection has inspired them to scrap the following layouts.
“The Mountain Air Collection was perfect for a recent trip my family and friends had to Eungella where we camped and fished.
I was inspired to be a little grungy and messy with a mixed media background. As soon as I layed eyes on the stencils, I was reminded of the tyre tracks that it took to get to the campsite, the checkered plate of the camper, cutting the firewood and all the adventures we would have. There is something about the fresh air, camp fire and camp cooking that made our time away amazing.
All those elements are featured in this collection.
PAPERS: Mountain Air Collection – P2582 Adventure, 2583 Spare Parts (reverse), P2580 Rugged, P2585 Hero (reverse).
KC PRODUCTS: Mini Template – IT037 Checker Plate, 6 x 6 Designer Template – IT472 Adventure, CS332 Clear StampsInk Pad – IP719 Black, CT942 Collectables, Flourish Pack – FL630 Adventurer.
OTHER: White Gesso, Texture Paste, Blue Ink Pad, Chevron Punch.
INSTRUCTIONS to create the above layout.
- Use ADVENTURE (reverse) as the background for this layout. Keep the bottom strip for later.
- Start by using a sponge and white gesso to sponge the areas where the photo and elements will be as per the photo above.
- Use the mini template – CHECKER PLATE and swipe through texture paste randomly over the layout.
- Use the designer template – ADVENTURE – allow these layers to dry.
IT037 Checker Plate
Once dry using a blending tool and the black ink pad to blend the edges. Go heavier around the top left and bottom right corners – see photo below as example
Use the black ink pad and a blue ink pad with the tyre tread stamp as per the photo. The blue was used to tie in with the colour in the photos. Use a colour you would like to highlight in your own photo for the same effect.
Once that is dry, use paint to splatter in the same colours around the same areas.
- Matte a 12.7cm x 9.5cm (5” x 3.75 “) photo using RUGGED (trees reverse).
- Cut a 14.5cm x 12cm (5.7” x 4.7”)rectangle from ADVENTURE
- Position behind the matted photo with a strip of RUGGED (woodgrain) between these layers.
- Position this all on the layout.
- Using SPARE PARTS (reverse), cut out 2 strips of tyre tread. Tear these strips as per the photo. These will be placed behind the photo matt and to the top left and bottom right of the layout.
- Tuck under the pocket collectables to the top right corner and bottom of the photo matt.
- Adhere other collectables above tyre tread strips from SPARE PARTS (reverse)
- Use the bottom strip that was cut from ADVENTURE (reverse) and cut out the words Camp – Discover – Nature and adhere to the layout.
- From HERO (quotes reverse) – cut out the “Adventure Awaits” and use as the title.
- Use a chevron punch to cut out 6 chevrons from ADVENTURE and adhere above and below the photo
- To complete layout adhere mini wooden embellishment pieces from the flourish pack.
Download above layout instructions HERE.
Click on each layout below to download individual project instructions.
“For me this collection was perfect, my husband is a mobile truck tyre fitter,
so when he had to fix his own trucks tyre I had to snap some photos… oh the irony”
“My layout was inspired by a trip to the country to visit family. My son was so excited,
he wanted an adventure, so set off running and climbing anything he could find in an exploring frenzy”
“My layout captures memories of my trip to Canada and these photos are of one of the days spent on the Canadian Rockies tour that I went on. I included the day itinerary as an embellishment which is tucked inside the jeans pocket.
The papers I used reminded me of clothing, so I created a mini blanket (as it was cold!) and the checked paper is like a shirt fabric. The collectables along with other images from the sticker sheet assisted me in capturing the feeling of that event in my layout.”
Don’t forget you can now shop this collection online by clicking the images below