For Today’s Tuesday Tip I’m going to give you a quick run down on how easy it is to make Tule Flowers for your Layouts.
You can use traditional white or coloured tulle to make these flowers.
Right now I’m going to show you to make tulle flowers just like the ones on this layout…
Kaisercraft Products: P1481 Picture Perfect,P1487 Smile, P1482 Snap Shot, P1483 Click Click, P1484 Instant, CT790 Collectables, CD101 Coconut Cardstock, EM930 Pearl Brad, PT205 Happiness Printed Tape, EM995 Paper Leaves, TM813 Brass Metal Padlocks, RB884 After 5 Rubons, T223 Scallop Blade Cutter.
Other: Black and white pens, butterfly stickers, white tule, button, small flower punch, large yellow flower, large flourish die
So here’s how it’s done…
1. Take a generous length of Tulle at least 15cm wide and fold multiple times (at least 7 times). Place a 2.5” Circle on this and mark out as many circles as you can fit on your tulle.
2. Cut out the circles out keeping the folded layers intact. This should result in many circles all the same size.
3. Fold 6 of these circles into quarters using Adhesive Glue Spots to hold them together.
4. Adhere all these quarters to a full circle of tulle again using the glue spots.
5. Finish by adding a Pearl Brad or button to the centre of the flower and adhere to your layout.
Extra Tip: you can also add colour to these gorgeous tulle flowers by inking the material before sticking together.