Sandie Says: “I regularly use my beyond the page storage units, and discovered a simple dash of glue is just not going to hold up to the pressure of constant use. So today, I want to share with you a simple method of assembly, to ensure sturdy drawers that will hold up with the pressure of use over time.
1. The boxes come flat packed as pictured in the first photograph. Use a ruler, and score along the fold lines, on the inside of the box. This aids in a more smoother fold, and eliminates the chipboard folds tearing.
2. Once your lines are scored, gently fold the drawer flaps upwards into position. Use a small beading of strong, quick dry adhesive along the 2 edges on right hand side of drawer, holding in place till adhered. Repeat with left side.
3. Apply paint to all visible edges.
4. Adhere patterned paper to front of drawer.
5. To reinforce and strengthen the drawers, cut small sections of duct tape into strips approximately 1″ across width of tape. Photo 7 Insert a strip of duct tape into each, inside corner edge. Press the tape with thumb to one inside corner only, then use a bone scorer or scissors to press tape tightly into corner, continue to press the remaining
tape up other side of drawer. Repeat for all drawers.
6. Attach metal hardware knobs of label pulls and cut a small section of duct tape to cover any metal areas on the inside of the drawer. This prevents movement of the hardware.
7. Decorate the inside of the drawer using patterned paper, which covers all the unsightly tape.
I hope my Tuesday tip helps in making ‘your’ beyond the page, storage units stronger to endure many years of use”.