Do you like Pina Colada’s and dancing in the rain?? Well you will love escaping on this tropical getaway!
First up is Nancy’s cute door hanger for her daughters room using our Bracket album (SB2053) and Pina Colada paper range. How rock chic is her guitar up the side with rhinestones, rub ons and covered chipboard alphas?
Next up is Nancy’s super cute and funky thank you card!! We love how she’s used a metal tag and embellished it with rubons and rhinestones!!
And for today’s magical tutorial – A pop up card featuring accordian flowers and a cute message!
Pam has made this gorgeous card using a tutorial she found at the Splitcoast stampers website.
She had an idea to make the card in Kaisercraft’s Pina Colada range also using accordian flowers.
Here’s Nancy’s tutorial:
How to make accordion fold flowers.
There are a number of different ways to make accordion flowers. I consider them being categorised into two kinds, ‘freestyle’, and ‘neatstyle’- for those of you who prefer things to be neater!
I made ‘freestyle’ flowers for my card.
For both styles you will need a strip of paper around 2.5 cm x 30cm, a 3cm diameter cardstock circle, a flower or button, and adhesive or double sided tape.
1.Cover circle and one edge of the paper strip with adhesive.
2. Adhere one end of the paper strip to the circle.
3. Fold and adhere the paper strip to the circle as shown in the photo
4. Trim off any excess paper strip
5. Adhere flower or button to the centre.
Preparation: Apply adhesive to the cardboard circle.
1. Then accordian fold the paper strip at 1 cm intervals.
2. Adhere the ends together to form a circle
3. Flatten the circle in the middle to form the flower then place the circle, adhesive side down onto the folded flower, and hold for a minute to ensure circle is adhered
4. Turn the flower over.
5. Top with a paper flower or button to embellish!
We hope you’v enjoyed today’s tutorial!!