I love to make co-ordinating sets of cards. Once I have the design I think it makes good sense to repeat it and make multiples. This way I have more cards to share with family and friends. Today I am sharing the instructions to make a set of six cards using the Romantique Collection. Each card follows the same basic design, but is slightly different. These cards are found in this month’s Kaisercraft Workshop Magazine which can be dowloaded here. Full instructions are also include in the magazine.
Kaisercraft Products you Will Need:
- PP1032 Paper Pad
- CT894 Collectables
- Decorative Dies – DD705 Swirl Flourish, DD547 Circle Vines, DD757 Large Flourishes, DD753 Nesting Stitched Rectangle, DD793 Ornate Pack 1
- DD793Pearls – Chino,
- F658 Mini Paper Blooms – Dusty Pink,
- BRB606 Organza Ribbon,
- PT227 Glitter Tape – Gold,
- CD511 C6 Card pack – White,
- GC105 Glitter Card Stock – Champagne.
- Other: Cheese Cloth
Steps to Make the Set of Six Cards:
- Select 5 papers from the Paper Pad and cut out with the largest Nesting Stitched Rectangle Die. Adhere to the front cover of each of the C6 Card bases and trim the Card Base to fit the Nesting Die exactly.
- Take gold foil lace paper from Paper Pad and cut into strips. Adhere one lace strip onto each card next to some gold Glitter tape vertically to the left-hand side of the page.
- Select another 5 papers from the Paper Pad and cut out with the 8cm x 10cm (3 inches x 4 inches) Nesting Stitched Rectangle Die. Layer onto the centre left-hand side of the card with foam tape.
- Cut six photo corners from the Ornate Pack 1 Decorative Die out of Champagne Glitter Card Stock and adhere to each card in the top right-hand corner.
- Fussy cut six gold frames from GOLD FRAMES – GOLD FOIL 12×12 paper
- Cut 2 x Large Flourish Dies, 1 Swirl Flourish Die and 1 Circle Vine Die from paper in Paper Pad. Layer dies under gold frames with cheese cloth. Mount gold fames with foam tape.
- Fussy cut some floral clusters, birds on a branch and butterflies from PARISIAN. Layer fussy cut images and collectables onto front of cards. Choose a sentiment for each card from the Paper Pad or Collectables and adhere to card in the bottom right hand corner of the card.
- Embellish with Dusty Pink Mini Paper Blooms, Chino Pearls and Organza Bows.
The Romantique Collection is just the prettiest…I adore the gold touches and the romantic images.
Let me know if you decide to re-create these cards or use them as inspiration for your own design. I would love to see what you make.
Alicia : )